Friday, February 11, 2011

Words are powerful...

 The neighborhood bully yelled out in front of a crowd of children....

 "nah nah nah nah nah!  NOBODY LIKES YOU!"

Her words penetrated your very being. You felt so violated. You believed her horribly cruel words and mocking. It must be true that nobody likes me. It IS true that nobody likes me. 

You run home crying to be comforted by your mother.  She tells you..." baby everything is going to be okay. Don't  you know that sticks and stones may break your bones but word can never hurt you?"
So why does it hurt so much?

Words are powerful. Words have the power to:
create, impart information, extend blessings, greet others, kill someone's spirit, encourage,  teach, enter into contract, enter into marriage, curse, promote, decree judgments, arrest, minister the gospel, give good news, give bad news, criticize, give directions, reprimand, sell.....

You are wonderful.
You are a horrible jerk.

You look so pretty today.
You'd look pretty if your hair was curled.

Will you marry me.
I can't do this anymore. I want a divorce!

I called you into my office to give you a 10% salary raise.
I called you in my office to tell you that we no longer want you on the team.


So what words have you spoken today? Why not bless someone with your words.

Check out this video





No comments:

Post a Comment