Friday, February 4, 2011

SELF TALK: what do you say to yourself?

According to Wikipedia Self Talk is:
Noun
  1. A loud or silent talk to oneself.

Whether you realize it or not, you are always talking to yourself. Sometimes you say kind things yet if you are like many people you say more negative things to yourself.
QUIZ
Which of the following have you ever said to yourself?
1.       I am  so stupid
2.       That was so stupid of me
3.        I am so fat (or skinny)
4.       I am such a loser
5.       I can’t do that
6.       Nobody will believe me
7.       I always get the flu
8.       I look so old
9.       I feel so useless
10.   I feel so ugly
11.   I will never get out of debt
12.   I will never find a job in this economy
13.   The house will never sell
14.   I never win anything
15.   Nobody will ever fall in love with me
16.   I will never lose this weight
17.   I will never stop smoking; I have to die some how
18.   I am always a bridesmaid and never a bride
19.   My hair is so ugly or frizzy or nappy or frumpy
20.   Who would want to hire me?
So how did you score?

SUGGESTION:
  • Listen to your thoughts-self talk for the next few days
  • Make a list of what you say to yourself (positive and negative)
We will talk more about changing your life by changing your words.

No comments:

Post a Comment