Monday, May 23, 2011

CARLA SONHEIM...

my newest favorite artist...

 



about 10 days ago as I was online I discovered Carla Sonheim. Her art excited my soul; so whimsical yet mysteriously deep.  I wanted to learn more about her. I had never heard of her nor had I seen her work. The next day I "happen" to be in the art section of Barnes and Noble and low and behold a book caught my eye and the author was Carla Sonheim. I picked it up and without really looking at it decided that I would purchase it.  I absolutely love the book. There are pages and pages of simple methods for learning how to draw.  I have already completed Lab 1 which is to draw 30 cats. Mine started out so goofy and by no. 30 I had developed a sort of style that I liked.  My favorite cat actually looks like a little dog. (lol)


I truly suggest that you purchase her book. You will not regret it. When you purchase it please consider doing so through my blog as I am an Amazon affiliate.  ALSO, I paid full price but Amazon has it discounted so nicely.




SPRING ART CAMP 2











tutorials:









sheepfence1.jpg



 girlspurplecat.jpg






BUY HER BOOK BELOW:




No comments:

Post a Comment